DKNY Western Canada Blog
POSTED | April 11, 2017
New takes on pinstripes are beautifully reflected in an assortment of classic to colourful bags and shoes.
POSTED | March 21, 2017
ALL IN ONE
Our latest bag transforms from satchel to tote to crossbody in a SNAP.
An espadrille that blends a platform braided raffia sole with a rubberized leather & scuba upper. This military green sandal is a perfect example of the cool, energetic spirit of the DKNY aesthetic.
RUNWAY RAVEN STRAP LOW SOCK SNEAKER
This SS17 Collection iconic shoe showcases DKNY’s unmistakable approach to mixed media. The Raven sock sneaker features a debossed logo strap to the front, rubberized scuba panels, patent details and a dramatic white rubber sole.
POSTED | March 8, 2017
Irrepressible Bella Hadid attending NY store event, SS 2017.
The effortless DKNY wardrobe begins with modern sweater dressing – interchangeable knots working in myriad ways.
POSTED | January 17, 2017
Another longstanding custom is the giving and receiving of red envelopes.
Giving red envelopes is a way to bestow happiness and blessings to receivers.
The significance is the envelope’s red paper, not the contents (typically some form of money).
At DKNY Oakridge and West Edmonton, our annual Red Envelope/Lucky Money Draw begins January 20. Instead of currency, participants will find inside the envelopes, ballots with a range of differing values, which can be applied to store purchases till February 5, 2017.
POSTED | January 16, 2017
QUEST FOR THE GOLDEN ROOSTERS CONTEST
Golden Roosters are on the loose! A number of Golden Roosters are hiding in Oakridge Centre stores. Spot one, snap a photo and share it online for a chance to win great prizes! REMEMBER to tag your share with @LunarFest and #(participating merchant hashtag)
1. Ten contestants with the highest number of valid entries as of February 6, 2017 will win LunarFest Golden Rooseter prizes.
2. Additional ten contestants will be randomly selected to also win prizes.
#DKNYOakridge Golden Rooster: “Yoo hoo, I’m ready!”
POSTED | January 10, 2017
The Year of the Rooster will be a powerful one, with no middle of the road when it comes to moving forward.
This year, impressions count. You’ll want to look your best. You’ll want to be clear on your intentions concerning love, money and business.
Stick to practical and well-proven paths to ensure success, rather than risky ventures.
___ 2017 Chinese Zodiac Horoscope
POSTED | December 27, 2016
A holiday-Pre-Spring feature – jacquard lace in a sweater, slip dress. Or, as shown here in a new all-in-one.
This all-in-one has a graphic sheer drop-shoulder top that meets a fitted rib skirt. Perfect for day-to-night style.
Add a bright top for a pop of colour!
POSTED | December 13, 2016
Say it with subtlety.
Our most iconic pieces go understated
with new debossed logo treatments
POSTED | December 6, 2016
MORE GIFT IDEAS
1. Sleeveless Merino crew with ultra long step
2. Cashmere sleeveless hoodie
3. Reversible Merino wool pullover
many more ideas at the store!
POSTED | November 30, 2016
A few HOLIDAY/PRE-SPRING Looks
- Go head-to-toe in Gesso
- The pinstripe gets modern
POSTED | November 7, 2016
<left to right> Glimpses of Holiday/Pre-Spring Pinstripe
- Effortless pinstripe quilted lamb leather crossbody
- Feminine silk chiffon pinstripe shirt with contrast trims
- Tech jersey pinstripe pullover + elastic pinstripe pant with rib cuff
- Uber practical pinstripe shoulder bag w/ quilted pinstripe detail
- Very versatile pinstripe bias cut slip dress
POSTED | November 1, 2016
FALL RIGHT IN
Embrace the chill with jackets, coats, cold weather musts and futuristic details…
POSTED | October 28, 2016
DKNY redefines “essential”.
Holiday/Pre-Spring 2017 is classics imagined in soft silhouettes and sumptuous fabrics
From work to play, all day.
The latest collection is a city-centric wardrobe that rewrites our house codes, like the classic pinstripe.
Discover the new season now…
POSTED | October 18, 2016
A few examples of DKNY Fall 2016 Coats
1. [large image] Insulated Nylon Twill Coat with removable sleeves. Durable. Weather resistant. Cool design details.
2. Black/Scarlet Wool Notch Collar Coat. Oversized to be a wardrobe staple. To be worn over anything and everything indoors/outdoors.
3. Double Layer Puffer. A two in one coat. The first elegant layer can be worn by itself indoors/outdoors. Its lightweight down layer zips beautifully in place to withstand COLD.
4. Runway Look 20. An exquisite puffer like no other. Performance and Wow!
5. Bonded Wool Flannel Peacoat. Sleek and sophisticated. Relaxed fit. In grey, navy or black.
POSTED | October 11, 2016
Modern and functional. Effortless and aspirational.
The DKNY woman exudes desire and practicality.
There is an ease and confidence to her movement.
POSTED | October 4, 2016
DKNY pays close attention to the everyday diverse needs and desires of the modern woman.
The focus – not only on where she is currently, but where she’s heading…
COLLAGE – Only a few of the available styles
- Model wearing Lynn Wedge booties
- Trey slip ons
- Beverly sock bootie
- Marley riding boot
- Prim Pointy Pump
POSTED | September 27, 2016
DKNY bags are distinctive for their clean, effortless shapes. They are made using new, modern techniques that create UINQUE detailing, and, no leather used came from animals killed just for their own skin.
DKNY bags are also prized for the quality of leather types and hardware used, functionality, and colours which perfectly enhance the collection and season.
POSTED | September 23, 2016
The DKNY Men Fall 2016 Collection is a fresh interpretation of classic men’s uniforms.
Contrasting raw hems and unfinished edges against modern tailoring and techie fabrics. Drawing inspiration from buttoned-up Wall Street traders and rugged, action-reacy military outfilling.
This season juxtaposes heritage fabrics and herribone plaids with precise details and specialty finishes.
The result: an urban, outdoorsy silhouette that’s as sleek as it is sturdy. As industrious as it is intellectual.
– DKNY MEN FALL 2016 PRESS RELEASE (excerpt)
Note: In Canada, only available at DKNY West Edmonton
POSTED | September 20, 2016
FALL RIGHT IN
Embrace the chill with jackets, coats, layers and cold-weather musts.
Who says blues must match? Not Nature…
POSTED | September 19, 2016
Inspired by New York, DKNY Signature bag designs reflect the City’s energy and optimism. Sleek shapes meet luxurious materials and entirely modern details without compromise.
Specifically crafted for the contemporary woman – her life, movements and routine. These elevated essentials are discreet, timeless and designed for every day.
POSTED | September 13, 2016
“The palette is dark, rich and seductive. Lush, lacquered layers of scarlet and deep, vampy red, blackened jewel tones…and bordeauxs set against monochromatic, colourless canvas.
A celebration of duality and contrast… Feminine and delicate dances with the hardened and moody.”
– What Lies Beneath (excerpt), DKNY Fall 2016 Press Release
POSTED | September 7, 2016
Ripped Rose and Cosmic Rose Bags
- Unique graphic prints linking accessories, footwear and ready-to-wear Fall 2016.
- Made of Saffiano leather, which is fine leather stamped using a special method to give it a cross-hatch finish. Saffiano leather makes the bags durable, practical and easy to wipe clean.
- Distinctive multi colour digital prints are trimmed with graphic black.
POSTED | September 1, 2016
Bold, graphic & kaleidoscopic, Cosmic Rose is inspired by the dark,blackened rose. More is revealed as each petal is uncovered…
Ripped and Cosmic Roses, both contrast & complement Fall’s palette. Equal parts design and wearability.
POSTED | August 23, 2016
Backpacks have evolved. No longer just for kids or hikers.
Beautifully designed and crafted backpacks can take you from yoga class, to work, to nights out.
One bag from day to night.
1. Luxe pinstriped detailed backpack
2. Leather backpack in oxblood/black
POSTED | August 16, 2016
Design Code: PINSTRIPE
“Traditional fabrics – lace and pinstripe – are innovated and reimagined. Distorted and applied in modern and unexpected ways. More texture. More contrast. More abstraction…”
– What Lies Beneath (excerpt), DKNY Fall 2016 Press Release
DKNY FALL 2016 DESIGN CODES
- MIXED MEDIA
- MASCULINE + FEMININE
POSTED | August 15, 2016
WE BELIEVE THAT THE
DESIRABLE CAN’T EXIST
WITHOUT THE PRACTICAL.
THAT IT IS THE WOMAN
THAT GIVES PURPOSE TO THE CLOTHES.
A WOMAN IS NOT DEFINED
BY WHAT SHE’S DONE
BUT BY WHAT SHE’S ABOUT TO DO.